Adoption / Foster Policy
Rising Dove Rescue was created to help rescue and place shelter pets
Animals rescued by Rising Dove Rescue undergo an examination by a local veterinarian, are cleared of any medical conditions, and are fully vaccinated, spayed or neutered and microchipped before being offered for foster or adoption. While we typically try to have a family in place for any rescued pet, there are times where a temporary boarding facility may be used while an appropriate setting is found or if pending transportation.
- All members of the family must be present in order to foster/adopt. Rising Dove Rescue wants to make sure the pet is a good fit for everyone in the household.
- If planning to foster/adopt a pet when there is an existing pet in the household, Rising Dove Rescue will ascertain whether the animals will be able to coexist in the household, and does their best to make sure that animals are paired appropriately and safely for all.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older to adopt. Rising Dove Rescue will conduct background and reference checks for all applicants.
- Applicants must provide proof of residence and when residing in rental property or condominium setting, must provide by-laws or lease agreement outlining policies for pet ownership.
- Applicants must be willing to allow Rising Dove Rescue to make follow-up visits, either in person by a representative or by telephone.
- Adopters are informed that in the event they are unable to keep the pet or offer it proper care, the pet must FIRST be offered back to Rising Dove Rescue before alternate arrangements are made.
- Applications must be completed and approved prior to adopting an animal. Applications must include references and applicants must submit to a home check. Applicants and applications are reviewed by all partners of Rising Dove Rescue.
- If approved, an applicant must sign a contract (the application) to adopt an animal which outlines the responsibilities of the adopter. If there is any addendum, the applicant will follow the recommendations on the addendum.
- Our primary goal is to place animals in need and work within the United States with area rescue partners to do so.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org